xbird is a health technology company that uses mobile sensor data to recognize human activities and habits. We use this information to aid diabetics in preventing adverse events and to help pharmaceutical companies in their drug development
We are looking for an experienced Android developer to lead our effort on the Android platform. In this role, you will have high responsibility and a strong impact on the company's success.
You will be working directly on our core product, which collects mobile sensor data, stores it, and eventually uploads it to our cloud service for interpretation. You will work with all manner of sensors, such as the accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, and magnetometer. You will ensure the data collection runs efficiently, keeping its power consumption minimal. You will collaborate with the whole team on the data interpretation.
- Have deep knowledge of the Android platform, especially services.
- Have worked with sensors on phones before, on wearables is a plus.
- Have experience with Java and Kotlin (or be ready to learn).
- Write maintainable code with meaningful tests.
- Enjoy writing code that handles a lot of data.
- Have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Have good communication skills and value teamwork.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team with backgrounds in machine learning, software development, medicine and business. You will benefit from a communicative, stimulating, and friendly environment. We offer a competitive salary and equity options to all full-time employees. We do work that matters, join our journey!
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE