Machine Learning Engineer
xbird uses mobile sensor data to automatically recognize human activities and habits. We use this information to aid diabetics in understanding and preventing adverse events like hypoglycemia.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer that will help us build the intelligence behind our systems. You will design machine learning systems to improve the lives of people and to help doctors in their diagnosis.
You will be part of our engineering team consisting of machine learning engineers, backend and mobile developers.
You will play a role in every part of the machine learning lifecycle at xbird. This means you design model architectures for a variety of tasks using research literature when necessary. You then have the opportunity to build these solutions to run within our streaming-based architecture. This will involve being able to take ownership on any given core machine learning product within xbird.
Machine learning at xbird is varied in domain and in application. You will be able to build prototypes for new requirements as well as contributing to more mature machine learning projects that currently exist.
We look forward to welcome you as part of the xbird team!
- You have experience with every part of the machine learning pipeline, not just model building. This would include building scalable preprocessing pipelines, performing distributed training along with monitoring the long term health of models post-deployment
- You have experience contributing, ideally as part of a team, to a large production-grade codebase.
- You are able to implement ideas from research literature into your models.
- You are able to design robust validation schemes, design evaluation metrics and select appropriate loss functions.
- You have 3+ years of experience developing in Python.
- You have 2+ years of practical experience in machine learning engineering.
- You have experience with multiple parts of the TensorFlow ecosystem, or equivalent experience with other neural network libraries.
- Experience with human activity recognition, digital signal processing and mobile sensor data is a big plus.
- You enjoy what you do and want to work with people who share your passion.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team with backgrounds in machine learning, software development, medicine and business. You will benefit from a communicative, stimulating, and friendly environment. We offer a competitive salary and equity options to all full-time employees. We do work that matters, join our journey!
Data privacy notice